Find your next role at Legal & General
Sales Consultant (Affordable Homes)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
London, Surrey (Sites between Brentford and Horsham)
£50,000 OTE plus car allowance
9 February 2022
Would you like to work in an industry disrupting business that is bringing much-needed, volume institutional equity capital to the UK housing sector?
Our Affordable Homes business is one of the most exciting, cutting edge, businesses within the Group, and this is an exciting opportunity for a driven and customer-focused Sales Consultant to help drive the delivery of the company’s on-site Sales strategy.
In this role you will have responsibility for the day to day management of equities, progressing sales, and will feed into the general sales and marketing strategy for one or a number of developments situated in and around London. Your key driver will be to deliver exceptional customer service while meeting targets and financial parameters set by the Head of Sales and Sales Manager.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic, motivated, and commercial self-starter to join in a role that can make a huge impact on the business. You'll be working with a healthy pipeline, an excellent marketing department, high quality products, and a supportive team. The working week is between Tuesday and Saturday, meaning every Sunday is off.
The potential is huge here as the business continues to grow, and we would love to hear from you if you are a driven person, passionate about the industry, that wants to be a part of the journey.
- Setting up, conducting and following up on viewings on a number of schemes, as well as hosting open days/evenings when required at short notice
- First class negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to close a sale and set expectations to achieve an efficient conveyance and sale process.
- Adhere to specific KPI’s set for responding to enquiries, converting enquiries to viewings, applications converted to reservations, reservations to exchanges etc.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the property conveyancing process. Proactively engage with solicitors, IFAs and buyers to progress sales as quickly as possible.
- Ensure that your site maximises use of panel solicitors and IFAs
- Ensuring first class customer service is provided at all times and the values and reputation of Legal & General are upheld.
- Ensuring that your specified sales outlet or outlets are well presented and stocked with up to date correct marketing literature that complies with latest legislation
- Provide timely and accurate market commentary and feedback to aid our marketing and digital strategies.
- Produce weekly sales reports and ensure that they are timely and always accurate
- Track sales to ensure budgets are not exceeded and overall share percentages are achieved across the schemes.
- Management of stock units adhering to specific legionella policies.
- Carrying out periodic market research on competitors’ product to ensure we are up to date on market demands, product innovations and sales prices
- Having an awareness on specific S106 requirements and adhering to them
- Liaise with Customer Care team regarding handover and completion dates
- Conduct handovers and home demos for new leaseholders
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively manage complaints in a proactive manner whilst escalating where necessary
- Proven track record of property sales experience preferably within new homes and shared ownership
- Ability to meet and exceed targets, achieving sales in line with RICS valuation price
- A proven track record of delivery as a Sales Consultant within an established residential developer with a detailed knowledge of the residential sales market across a broad product range.
- Shared Ownership product – a strong understanding of this tenure, regulation, compliance and demographic with a private sale approach to achieving sales
- Nice to have: experience in delivering a variety of different products i.e. apartments, houses, refurbished properties or homes within regeneration areas and to different demographics of buyers.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Alex Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-adams-29b595a3/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.