Find your next role at Legal & General
ETF Portfolio Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
21 November 2021
Reporting into the Co-Head of ETF Portfolio Management & Operations our Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) team are looking for an ‘ETF Portfolio Manager' to support the continued growth of our ETF platform. The team are launching new funds in 2022 so this is an exciting time to join us.
You'll have prior experience of managing passive funds either as a PM or Assistant PM and will be interested to join a small, but highly motivated team within one of Europe’s largest asset managers.
- Portfolio management of physical ETFs (fully replicated and optimised), which involves monitoring exposures and tracking the risk of physical ETFs
- Fund performance monitoring, NAV reconciliation and attribution, and managing corporate actions and reinvestment
- Preparing rebalances calculations and providing index change analysis
- Trading underlying physical equity execute orders and liaising with brokers. Ensuring appropriate trade execution and settlements with authorised participants
- Portfolio management of synthetic ETFs (unfunded swap model), involving placing swap trades and helping to facilitate settlement, placing repo trades and other cash management, and ensuring portfolio composite file accuracy and timeliness
- Reporting on behalf of the Investment Manager to Risk and Compliance, producing risk and performance reports
- Building bespoke tools for portfolio management, including daily analysis, risk monitoring, order execution. Improving existing solutions with aims to increase reliability and scalability in response to demands of the growing platform
- Liaising with Capital Markets to provide relevant information to APs, market makers and clients
- Prior experience as an Index Portfolio Manager or Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Previous experience in managing physical equity portfolios required
- An understanding of how indices work and are calculated
- An understanding of how ETFs are traded across the primary/secondary market
- An understanding of ETF's and the various replication models by which they carry out their investment objective from synthetic to physical replication
- An understanding of UCITS regulations and guidance notes with respect to the management of the assets of ETF funds
- Further qualifications (IMC,CFA,CAIA) advantageous
- Advanced Excel user (VBA preferred)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.