Find your next role at Legal & General
Experienced Health Claims Assessor
£27,900 - £44,100
28 September 2021
Are you an experienced Claims Assessor? Do you thrive in being responsible for financial and medical decisions about claims assessments? Would you love to workfrom home or on an agile basis from our Hove office? If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Claims Assessor, you will establish liability through accurate assessment, using your decision making and communication skills to achieve settlement. You’ll be paying out on claims that cover critical illness, disability, TIC and bereavement.
- You’ll be gathering appropriate evidence and medically assessing information, in order to accept or decline claims displaying logical reasoning.
- Managing end to end claims, taking responsibility for all customer communication and being the main point of contact, so that customer satisfaction is maximised, and expectations met.
- You’ll be processing claims within guidelines, so that quality and compliance are consistently met.
- Liaising with customers and third parties in a professional, friendly and efficient manner in order to obtain information.
- Taking ownership of appeals and complaints. Ensuring root causes are escalated to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Supporting your team by taking ownership of projects or department initiatives. Sharing knowledge, ideas and feedback.
- Managing contentious or sensitive claims, involving fraud, overseas issues, litigation or the prospect of litigation. This could include liaising with managers, legal services or being on claims panels, so that the claim is effectively resolved.
- Experience and exposure in handling relevant claims with decision making authority.
- Extensive medical knowledge.
- Knowledge of legal aspects pertaining to claims, such as probate and awareness of compliance regulations.
- Comprehensive understanding of underwriting, including new business process.
- Strong customer handling skills with an acute ability to show empathy and sensitivity.
- Excellent letter writing skills, particularly when handling refuted claims.
- Ability to effectively engage with 3rd parties such as reinsurers and medical providers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult calls, especially when researching circumstances with the potential to end in refuted claims.
You’ll be working 35 hours a week. Our opening hours are 8:30am - 6pm. We have a flexible working arrangement, whereby you start and finish your working hours anytime between our opening hours.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.