Find your next role at Legal & General
Data Solution Analyst
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
29 September 2021
Are you an expert when it comes to data? Can you build new products and solutions for a growing business? In this brand new exciting position you will play a key role in delivering the data strategy within Legal and General Investment Management. You’ll work in partnership with our business stakeholders across all areas of Legal and General. You will work within cross functional teams to resolve business problems and create opportunities, you’ll design solutions and deliver features and stories to bring those designs to life. It will be your responsibility to make sure we put data at the heart of everything that we do!
- Playing an active role in delivering the data strategy
- Working with customer stakeholders to understand their business goals and challenges
- Liasing with Business Change, Technology, and Operations partners to ensure end to end solution design, and performing user acceptance testing
- Delivering analysis artefacts and user stories
- Designing Data Solutions and Data Services
- Working with cross functional teams to deliver those designs to our customers
- Supporting the team to estimate effort to complete user stories and features
- You’ll have experience working on data projects with very complex data sets. While not essential, experience of asset management, investment banking or Financial Market data is a big plus
- In a previous role you’ll have designed data services
- You’ll be comfortable analysing data flows, and mapping data movement and data attribute level across operations business processes
- It goes without saying we need you to have previous experience working with developers, architects, and other data experts
- We are highly agile, so it will help if you’ve worked in an agile environment previously
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.