Find your next role at Legal & General
Head of New Business Operations (Retail Protection Insurance)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
13 August 2021
You'll be leading the New Business functions across the Retail Protection Insurance business, ensuring all agreed metrics and risk management is delivered to meet the needs of customer, colleagues and shareholders. Ensuring all underwriting assessments are carried out in accordance with L&G’s philosophies, that services levels are achieved and that a culture of continuous improvement is embedded to deliver excellence in customer experience and minimising business risks. This is a large leadership role requiring visibility and engagement of a highly skilled teams across multiple locations and close collaboration with the broader Insurance business to deliver results and shared objectives.
- Leadership of a multi-site team, comprising of c 360 people, including c 180 with medical training and multi-product knowledge to deliver outstanding service to all customers and partners for all agreed metrics.
- Develop and direct the service strategy and proposition to deliver to target service levels and business/partner obligations covering all aspects of the new business journey.
- Managing workload variations through careful planning, optimisation of people and skills and creation of flexibility within the workforce model in order to meet service and productivity targets.
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence to philosophy and that processes, systems and controls are in place in order that risks and issues are adhered to / identified and resolved, to ensure that customers receive good outcomes and are treated fairly in line with L&G’s Treating Customers Fairly Policy.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and governance arrangements with senior internal and external stakeholders, intermediaries, business partners, third party service providers (whether internal or external) and key suppliers, to facilitate the delivery of required business results, and within service level agreements to avoid penalties and to protect and enhance the Group’s reputation.
- Developing people by investing in the underwriting knowledge through structured learning and academy’s, strong performance management, succession plans and reward and recognition frameworks.
- To understand key drivers in customer satisfaction and implement appropriate plans to improve customer experience through improved NPS, POS and reduced time to decision.
- Lead a culture and embed a culture of continuous improvement, undertaking on-going industry benchmarking and understanding market trends to develop and implement plans to improve performance and deliver year of year reductions in new business unit costs.
- Day to day management and forward planning of budgetary requirements to ensure targets are met and new business unit costs are reducing year on year across all distribution channels.
- Proven track record in operational excellence within the financial services sector.
- Strong risk management and awareness
- Successfully leading a large multi-site operation
- Managing large budgets and driving cost reduction
- Strategic planning and financial awareness and departmental budget management
- Regulatory environment and delivering positive customer outcomes
- Delivering multiple changes to improve customer experience and reduce cost
- Inspirational Leadership across multi-site team
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact James Butt at James.Butt@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/buttjames/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.