Find your next role at Legal & General
£40k - £50k
6 October 2021
Are you a hands-on tester with a passion for test automation? Do you enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tools and trends in technology? Are you looking to join a close-knit team with a vibrant testing community? If so, then we have a fantastic opportunity for someone like you to join as a QA Analyst!
You’ll collaborate with various teams to ensure our automated solutions improve overall testing coverage, thus minimising effort and risk associated with the manual testing process. In addition to this you’ll be encouraged to suggest new tools and ways of working that will help the team to achieve an automation-first approach.
- Developing code for the implementation of our automation-first testing strategy and minimising the quantity of manual testing where practical
- Understanding the entire cross-functional test framework including all manual and automated testing
- Designing strategic long-term automation solutions for both the service and user interface layers
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure testing disciplines and standards are met
- Identifying and resolving any automation errors; taking ownership and accountability for issues
- Adhering to test strategy, evidencing the required artefacts and meeting documentation standards
- Collaborating with other Test Engineers across L&G to create a Testing Community of Practice (TCoP)
- You’ll be a hands-on tester with strong knowledge of Core Java
- You should have experience in creating and maintaining automated test frameworks for both API and UI level testing
- It would be great if you have some knowledge of performance test tools such as JMeter or Artillery
- DevOps and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, GitHub
- You’ll be an active participant in the testing community with a strong GitHub profile and several repositories showcasing your work
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact James Shields at email@example.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesshields1//). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.