Find your next role at Legal & General
Solutions Strategy Associate
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
8 August 2021
We're looking to hire a proactive, driven Solutions Strategy Associate to join LGIM in a varied position, to highlight LGIM capabilities that clients could consider to enhance the efficiency of their portfolios.
You'll gain broad experience to the whole of Solutions in DB and multiple asset classes, and over time will support the portfolio managers, whilst also offering exposure to clients, hence providing you with the opportunity to develop pitching skills.
This role offers autonomy and ownership of clients and projects, so we require a self starter, who is comfortable managing multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Considering a client’s portfolio in the context of their objectives and highlighting LGIM capabilities that the client could consider to enhance the efficiency of the portfolio. The could relate to a specific area of the portfolio (eg LDI or cashflow matching) or it could encompass the whole portfolio
- Acting as investment point of contact and centre of excellence for a number of clients including those with LDI, equity derivative, currency hedging, Cashflow Matching
- Evolving the business offering and servicing across LGIM to better support our clients (for example LDI reporting, new Dynamic FX offering). This may be implemented through being involved in Strategic projects (for example thematic working groups)
- Automating and streamlining the existing processes conducted by all members of the team, retaining ownership for appropriate tasks while moving ownership for other tasks
- Driving forward a OneLGIM approach in DB by being the link between Investments and the Distribution channels as well as improving the link between the product specialist teams across investments
- Appropriate experience of working within asset management OR knowledge of some of the asset classes is required
- Demonstrable track record of successful relationship management
- An understanding of DB pension schemes with an appropriate understanding of DB clients objectives, the regulations they face and the challenges they need to overcome
- An understanding of derivatives & LDI
- Experience of setting investment strategy and carrying out portfolio construction
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas in a logical manner
- Client-focused, team player, with a 'can do' attitude, with the ability to engage and motivate others and to lead team members
- Proven ability to deliver both numerical-focused and written work, accurately and to tight deadlines, and engage with clients in face to face meetings
- Strong academic/professional qualifications background and/or experience gained in similar positions required. An actuarial or equivalent investments technical background is desirable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.