Find your next role at Legal & General
Client Implementation Executive
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
27 October 2021
The Client Implementation Team provides a dedicated end-to-end client onboarding and change management service within LGIM’s Distribution team, supporting the full range of product structures and investment services offered by the company. The team is responsible for co-ordinating all take-on/change related tasks and activities spanning the breadth of the business to ensure the timely and comprehensive implementation of client objectives.
Working within the Pooled client account team, the role of Client Implementation Executive will be responsible for implementing new pooled fund mandates, managing account change events and providing day-to-day and strategic support to Implementation Managers within the team.
Over time, the successful candidate will be expected to become increasingly conversant with the range of product structures, asset classes, financial instruments and investment strategies operated within a leading asset management firm, and develop a sound understanding of investment theory, as well as regulatory and industry specific matters.
- Co-ordinating the implementation of new client mandates and existing client portfolio amendments in partnership with impacted stakeholder teams, ensuring that the business is fully briefed and engaged, and all legal, operational, compliance and transitional requirements are comprehensively identified, tasked and completed.
- Accountability for actively steering the course of progress and resolving impediments
- Communicating effectively both internally and externally on the progress of client work, holding (where required) regular working group meeting sessions with key stakeholders in order to monitor and manage progress.
- Contributing towards the drafting/negotiating of legal policy documents.
- Developing a clear understanding of the function of all business areas within LGIM, building and maintaining an effective network of strong working relationships within those areas
- Acting as an inward and outward facing ‘implementation consultant’, demonstrating technical ability and understanding and an awareness of the client’s decision making process and investment objectives.
- Rigorously applying, designing and implementing, business processes and procedures to support a risk-controlled and compliant environment within an effective governance framework.
- Continually identifying and implementing process improvements both within the function and working with broader stakeholders.
- Striving to work within a risk free environment, demonstrating an awareness and mitigation of risks
- Providing day-to-day and strategic support to Implementation Managers within the team
- Creative and lateral thinking abilities are critical, as well as the ability to act as a business guardian, considering always LGIM’s standard service and operational capabilities
- Working within the pensions industry
- Experience of working with Institutional clients
- Some experience within the investment management industry would be ideal
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Experience of drafting legal documentation is helpful, but not necessary
- Excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude, strong A levels and a degree (which may be non-cognate).
- A team player demonstrating high levels of dynamism, drive and commitment.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate, influence and operate at a senior management level
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Sarah Sayeed at Sarah. Sayeed@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-sayeed-b6000775). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.