Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
26 September 2021
The Client Implementation Team provides a dedicated end-to-end client onboarding and change management service within LGIM’s Distribution team, supporting our full range of product structures and investment services.
Working within our segregated client account team, you'll be responsible for implementing new segregated and bespoke pooled fund mandates, managing account change events and providing day-to-day and strategic support to Implementation Managers within the team.
You'll have the ability to manage multiple priority items within a high-pressure delivery framework, whilst maintaining a focus on stakeholder engagement, balancing business risk management with service delivery.
- Co-ordinating the implementation of new client mandates and existing client portfolio amendments in partnership with impacted stakeholder teams, ensuring that the business is fully briefed and engaged, and all legal, operational, compliance and transitional requirements are comprehensively identified, tasked and completed.
- Communicating effectively both internally and externally on the progress of client work, holding (where required) regular working group meeting sessions with key stakeholders in order to monitor and manage progress
- Drafting and negotiating investment, fee and operational schedules to client IMAs.
- Developing a clear understanding of the function of all business areas within LGIM, building and maintaining an effective network of strong working relationships within those areas
- Acting as an inward and outward facing ‘implementation consultant’, demonstrating technical ability and understanding and an awareness of the client’s decision making process and investment objectives.
- Rigorously applying and, where applicable, designing and implementing, business processes and procedures to support a risk-controlled and compliant environment within an effective governance framework
- Providing day-to-day and strategic support to Implementation Managers within the team
- A basic understanding of investments, with knowledge of current investment, market, regulatory and economic matters
- Experience within the investment management industry, ideally with institutional client experience
- A demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Experience of working within the pensions industry, or working within a Compliance or Legal team would be beneficial
- Experience of drafting legal documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate, influence and operate at a senior management level
- Client focused, with high attention to detail skills
- Proactive with a proven ability to work on your own initiative
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.