Find your next role at Legal & General
Health Advisor / Tele-Claims Assessor
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
27 August 2021
Our philosophy is to provide the very best internal training so that our most talented Advisors have a pathway to becoming the next generation of Medical Assessors.
Initially, you will be trained to be an Advisor, providing excellent customer service and claims handling skills to enable you to work proactively with Claims Advisers, claimants, medical professionals and 3rd parties to obtain requirements to support claims assessment. So that the end-to-end time is minimised and customer satisfaction is maintained.
This role, following successful training, will then provide you with the platform to develop your skills and demonstrate that you are then capable of being trained as a Health Tele-Claims Assessor.
- Completion and management of claim tasks. To be actioned in conjunction with best practice guides, accurately and in a timely manner. To include all steps required and taking responsibility for all customer communication, keeping the customer informed of progress and ensuring customer satisfaction is maximised and expectations met. Learn and action new claim tasks, and work closely with Assessor, as required.
- Work management practices. Process claim tasks within claims guidelines so that quality and consistency across the area can be maintained, adhering to service standards and processes. Regulatory framework. Adhere to current financial, FOS, regulatory, legal and industry guidelines in dealing with claim enquiries. This includes DPA.
- Customer communication. Liaise with internal and external customers and third parties in a professional, friendly and efficient manner in order to obtain information. Utilise the most appropriate method of contact and ensure that customers’ expectations of service are met whilst providing a positive impression of Legal and General. Utilise customer focused language, ensuring that all letters, emails and texts are updated either in template or as a free text communication that is accurate and jargon free.
- Complaints. Identify complaints and take ownership for trying to resolve them with urgency, so that complaints are acted upon quickly, root causes are escalated and customer satisfaction is achieved. Where it is not possible to resolve, pass complaint to authorised complaint handler without delay to ensure compliance with complaints response time limits
- Contribution to your team. Contribute to claims projects or other team or department initiatives by sharing knowledge and ideas and giving feedback to help develop the way others work and support the Claims area to ensure the area works as one team.
- The bigger picture. Have a good understanding of the claims end to end process and customer expectations. Use this knowledge to challenge existing work practices in an appropriate way by identifying and taking steps to improve service through liaising with team managers or other colleagues, and recording accurate Management Information regarding the claims experience so that service, processes and products are continually maintained or improved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to review outstanding claim requirements and to provide accurate updates
As a Health Tele-claims Assessor
- You will then be gathering and assessing medical information from the claimant over the telephone to establish if a claim should be considered, then set up the claim where it’s possible to proceed. Where it falls outside the Tele-Claim model, take appropriate action and correctly hand off to a medical assessor with accurate information.
- Knowledge of L & G mainframe and support systems.
- Claims Administration System (claim specific)
- An understanding of claims processes would be preferable
- Knowledge of Insurance products and policy conditions
- Good understanding of different Claim events, an awareness of Compliance regulations and adherence to these
- Knowledge of the automation process and associated tasks.
- Knowledge of workflow
- Knowledge of the upfront scanning process
- Knowledge of utilising text messages
- Understanding of the end to end journey of a claim
- Understanding of the customer journey and how options/decisions can impact our Customers experience
- Ability to show empathy and sensitivity
- A commitment to training and ability to learn and develop new skills
- Good customer handling skills
- Good attention to detail, accuracy in letters and information gathering
- Ability to handle communication with 3rd parties such as reinsurers and medical providers
- Ability to handle difficult calls and complaints
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate an aptitude to anticipate and resolve potential problems
- Excellent telephony skills
- Ability to manage own time productively and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to provide a presentation, demonstrating your skills, when applying for onward HTC Training
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.