Find your next role at Legal & General
Sales Support Consultant
24 September 2021
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Sales Support Consultant to join us at Legal & General.
To join a very successful team, we are looking for an individual who will actively support the growth and retention of Legal & General’s Workplace Health & Protection business by providing a comprehensive support service to the distribution team, ensuring at all times that the customer is at the heart of what matters.
- Assist in delivering Workplace Health & Protection distribution targets, by providing sales focused, professional and accurate service that leads to profitable growth.
- Work closely with distribution team to agree sales plans and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Work closely with Customer Service teams to ensure delivery of service within agreed timescales.
- Actively discuss, negotiate, capture and analyse broker requirements enabling the most appropriate route for both quotations and queries.
- Ensure delivery of agreed new business targets at required levels of profitability by negotiating and making decisions on contract price, terms & conditions across the full range of Workplace Health & Protection products.
- Actively develop strong relationships with key personnel within the broker firms and proactively follow up quotes as agreed with the account manager, ensuring that all correspondence is logged on the CRM system.
- Daily use of salesforce.com CRM system to record own activity and work alongside relevant account manager to use this information to identify opportunities.
- To accurately and effectively administer Group Protection new business enquires within agreed service levels.
- Maintain own network of internal and external relationships to create support structure, which will enable the job holder to meet customer requirements and make the most of opportunities identified.
- Personally maintain a high level of knowledge of products, trends and developments in Group Risk market and ensure appropriate feedback to the proposition team is communicated to ensure our position in the marketplace is maintained.
- Utilising the training and development facilities within Legal & General, take ownership of your own development in the role, to maximise the quality of service to our customers.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for and attend Roadshows where appropriate, to ensure customers have a clear understanding of L&G Products.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for Beauty Parades to ensure customers have a clear understanding of L&G proposition.
- Analyse and provide agreed levels of Management Information within agreed timescales to management.
- Ensure Legislative, Revenue, Disclose and Regulatory requirements, which apply, to Workplace Health & Protection are adhered to and that Legal & General’s standards and policies are upheld.
- Ideally a strong understanding of the Group Risk market and products.
- Previous experience in a sales environment, such as Customer Services (front line), Telesales or Sales Support is desirable.
- Strong commercial awareness of the market and of the aims, goals and objectives of Legal & General.
Knowledge and Skills
- Has an excellent understanding of Group Risk products.
- Has a good understanding of the systems on which the contracts are administered.
- Has an understanding of Legal & General’s offerings.
- Has good understanding of legislative, regulatory developments.
- Pass CII GR1 exam within first 18 months.
- Has a good understanding of market competitors.
- Has a good understanding of competitors’ proposition.
- Has a good understanding of legislative, regulatory developments.
- Good presentation skills.
- Able to match presentational style to appropriate audience.
- Ability to present to management level.
- Follows control procedures.
Planning / Organisation
- Attends and contributes to regular team meetings / calls.
- Manage time effectively.
- Is able to display priority planning.
- Effective recording of management information.
- Negotiates effectively with internal and external clients.
- Listens effectively.
- Develops good contacts internally and externally.
- Delivers messages clearly. (e-mail & phone)
- Is able to fully analyse management information and interpret key issues.
- Provides regular scheme update reports (where appropriate).
- Makes decisions based on the assimilation of data and facts.
- Acts in an appropriate manner.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Helen Kinloch at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenkinloch/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.