Find your next role at Legal & General
Property Fund Accounting Manager
Competitive plus bonus and benefits
24 June 2021
We are hiring a Fund Accounting Manager to join our busy Property Fund Accounting team. You'll help maintain first class delivery through effective team management by ensuring both operational and compliance targets are met and day to day performance is achieved.
- Proactively manage the Property Fund Accounting Team and ensure team proficiency through pro-active performance management
- Identify training and development needs of staff which provide a focus for delivery in line with department objectives and Ops strategy.
- Perform daily, monthly and quarterly accounting (as required) and also perform reviews of primary accounting records, ensuring Fund Accountants follow predetermined controls and procedures.
- Identify processes and service enhancements, or potential risks, to ensure the client service provided is of the highest standard and remains fully compliant.
- Manage the resolution of complex outstanding items, business issues and rectify anomalies to ensure high-level of customer service.
- Ensure the system infrastructure is robust, trusted and supports the longer term department strategies and enables efficient operational service delivery in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend changes to procedures and implement, ensuring that they are scalable, repeatable and efficient. Participate in department wide reviews of procedures where appropriate.
- Responsible for sharing market information to relevant internal departments. Identify issues/changes which impact teams across Investment Operations/LGIM/LGP.
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Proven experience in a Property Fund Accounting role, to at least Supervisor/Team Leader level
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent experience is essential
- Specialist knowledge / skills - UK GAAP and IFRS knowledge/Excel
- Ability to inspire, lead and engage with people at all levels to deliver and drive change.
- Robust technical investment knowledge/experience relevant to role.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Proven track record of dealing with and influencing across an organisation to achieve objectives especially in respect of Senior Management and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience successfully sponsoring and leading multiple projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget.
- Ability to successfully influence internally and externally stakeholders at all levels to achieve objectives not only their team but of Investment Operations as a whole
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Karima Zureiqi at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karima-zureiqi/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.