Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Investment Associate
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
14 October 2021
Legal & General Investment Management; Real Assets is one of the UK’s largest private asset managers with over £35bn AUM as at March 2021 across real estate equity and infrastructure, real estate, corporate and alternative debt. The group takes a long-term strategic view, investing to bring about positive change and creating sustainable investor value.
LGIM Private Credit has grown its activities in Corporate Debt in recent years and has developed a position as a leading institutional investor in this area. To date this has been on behalf of existing clients but is now expanding to encompass new opportunities including Secure Income Assets Fund “SIAF”.
We are looking for an Investment Associate or Senior Investment Associate to support this development in a team that is currently small relative to its AUM targets and the volume of opportunities.
- You will be supporting the origination and execution of investment opportunities for Corporate Debt and the broader Corporate & Alternative Debt team that are suitable for LGIM clients
- Building relationships internally and with market counterparties to access the broadest pool of opportunities and, together with other team members, filter these to provide prospective investments that can be recommended to clients
- Supporting the team in the necessary due diligence, credit and investment assessment and investment paper submissions to Private Credit Investment Committee and any other governance committee required, presenting to such committees where appropriate
- Assisting the team in negotiating and executing transactions in line with client requirements to obtain best value
- Providing the necessary transaction booking support and subsequent reporting and asset management requirements. Assist in pro-actively managing existing investments through engagement with borrowers and review of financial and other relevant information
- Supporting the externalisation of client funds able to be invested, notably through the Secure Income Assets Fund and other segregated mandates
- Some credit risk, rating methodology, and/or private placement market experience, would be ideal
- Strong financial analysis and transaction skills – credit structuring, rating methodology and / or financial advisory experience being particularly relevant
- Ideally have some knowledge and experience of private credit investments
- Strong financial modelling skills are an advantage and detailed knowledge of the different investment documentation and structures appropriate to the various sub-sectors is also important.
- Strong academic background, with an ability to work on your own initiative but also in a team
- Ability to develop relationships with market counterparties
- You will need to be organised, focused, demonstrate independent thinking and self-motivated with strong communication and analytical skills.
Please note that this role is classified as a Regulated role under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
(with the successful roleholder being Overseer, Key Function Holder or Senior Management Function Holder etc, as provided in the JD)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Sarah Sayeed at Sarah. Sayeed@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-sayeed-b6000775). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.