Find your next role at Legal & General
Training & Technical Audit Consultant (Group Protection)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Hove (with flexible working)
18 August 2021
Do you thrive in sharing knowledge through mentoring? Are you technically minded, with a background in insurance or financial services? Are you passionate about supporting a business in achieving its engagement, quality and compliance goals? If so, this may be the role for you!
We are looking to hire a Training and Technical Audit Consultant to join us on a hybrid basis where you’ll be part office (Hove) and part home-based. We are not strictly looking for someone with this exact experience but, someone with the natural strengths and potential to thrive in this role following a supportive and in-depth induction.
This is a multi-faceted role meaning no two days will be the same! You’ll be providing training, leading technical appeals and audit services for our Claims and Group Protection business areas. Through collaborative engagement and understanding of the needs of the business, you’ll be driving of continuous change and improvement.
- Supporting the development, design and delivery of comprehensive training programmes for new starters.
- Ensuring that the quality and competency of staff is maintained across claims and other areas of Group Protection.
- Leading the Technical and Governance Team in the delivery of legislative, regulatory or process change training.
- Conducting and delivering monthly audits.
- Defining, developing and delivering continuous processes and systems improvements, to ensure that all our teams always deliver first customer service.
- Utilising analysed statistical data and case studies to provide the business area with relevant findings regarding trends from claims activity, audits, complaints and appeals.
- Contributing to company and Group Protection wide projects and process reviews to deliver product, customer experience and system improvements.
- Develop, define and deliver processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with in a compliant manner.
- Someone who loves sharing knowledge with others, someone with natural coaching ability with strong communication skills.
- Someone with a financial services background who can develop and ultimately thrive in this role.
- Proven analytical and risk management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to design and deliver training and development programmes.
- Ability to represent the department at internal/external meetings.
- Effective organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.