Find your next role at Legal & General
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
25 June 2021
Reporting into our Head of Core Clients, we're looking for a Client Director to join our Distribution team. Focusing on our core clients, you'll be managing all aspects of the relationship with our clients and acting as the clients' representative within LGIM. If you have Client experience with a focus on LDI, buy and maintain and de-risking pension scheme mandates we'd love to hear from you.
- Working within the pool of core clients protecting and growing existing relationships. You'll be attending client/consultant meetings where required to develop the core client book and deliver the highest standards of client service for core clients
- Engaging with key external stakeholders/decision makers at a level of technical competence that best positions LGIM to be their primary partner in defining and evolving investment solutions
- Developing client plans and retention strategies, either for specific clients or part of an overall campaign engaging senior management as appropriate
- Engaging with senior management L&G / LGIM to represent client interests / issues and champion tactical solutions and strategic initiatives
- Engaging effectively with senior client decision makers both on Trustee Boards and at the corporate level (CFOs and CEOs)
- Engaging with LGIM’s senior investors in terms of representing client issues and trends, contributing to the formulation of investment solutions
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating team process and implementing Salesforce as the key source of client data storage
- Ensuring good governance and risk management in terms of the relationships with clients and other counterparties
- Previous Client Manager or Director experience in relevant financial services (e.g. investment management/banking/consulting) required, with a preference on LDI, buy and maintain, and the de-risking of pension scheme mandates
- Demonstrable technical competence
- An ability to engage on a senior level with key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills with credibility, gravitas and influencing skills
- Demonstrable strong leadership qualities with experience of sole responsibility of managing client relationships
- Ideally IMC and/or CFA or other relevant qualification
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.