Find your next role at Legal & General
ESG Manager, Private Credit
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
25 August 2021
LGIM Real Assets, and the wider Investment Management business of which it is a part, has established a leading position amongst its peer group in taking a progressive and convictional approach to ESG integration. We are looking for a candidate to build on the foundations that have been laid and drive a further step change in our approach going forward
This role is a 1 year contract to build on existing work to develop an integrated and more standardised data-driven ESG assessment process within the LGIM Real Assets’ Private Credit business, covering corporate & alternative, real estate and infrastructure asset class. Build assessment tools, gather, analyse data and produce actionable insights that will feed into the investment decision-making.
You will report to the Head of ESG, LGIM Real Assets (LGIMRA).
- Developing the ESG assessment and integration process for LGIMRA Private Credit portfolio
- Scoring and building methodologies and tools to assess ESG sector-specific characteristics, and contributing to an overall assessment of the ESG profile of an individual issuer or investment, and the benefits and risks associated
- Promoting the integration of ESG into decision making, supporting investment teams with due diligence and assessing investments
- Involvement in the preparation of ESG reports, such as carbon footprinting and impact reports for Private Credit portfolios
- Engaging and influencing various teams within LGIM to deliver results and build processes
- Strong understanding of various ESG assessment frameworks and methodologies
- Experience of conducting data-driven ESG analysis and integration and working on other various technical aspects of ESG implementation
- Good understanding of key drivers associated with the low carbon transition, including regulatory developments
- Experience of integrating ESG into investment decision making, though not necessarily in a financial institution, will be an advantage
- We are keen to invite strong team players and individuals who can self-manage and work well with others with a positive attitude
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Sarah Sayeed at Sarah. Sayeed@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-sayeed-b6000775). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.