Find your next role at Legal & General
UK Client Manager
Competitive & bonus & benefits
23 May 2021
We have a highly exciting and unique opportunity for a Client Manager to join LGIM in a high profile internal role supporting our large internal client Legal & General. Our annuity book is continuting to grow at pace, so you'll play a key part in supporting L&G with sustaining and delivering their ambitious growth targets. This is a high profile role internally, which will provide you with the opportunity to interact and develop relationships with senior individuals across L&G and LGIM!
- Developing and maintaining an exceptional level of relationship and sales support to our internal Client Legal & General Retirement (LGR) on behalf of Client Directors, acting as the first port of call for the client in their absence
- Owning and co-ordinating the successful resolution of client enquiries, liaising and utilising expertise from around the business
- Providing a high level of technical support, demonstrating an understanding of the client’s decision making process and long term objectives
- Attending meetings and conference calls where required and taking sole responsibility for audit and operational meetings when opportunities arise
- Overseeing and assisting with the production of legal documentation, reports and client specific data relevant to the clients investment strategy
- Working with areas of expertise around the business to project manage ad-hoc queries, data requests and client change, through to completion in line with client expectations, maintaining excellent working relationships around key business areas at all times
- Identifying and following up on leads and sales opportunities with the intention of maximising revenue, preparing meeting packs for client meetings and new business pitches
- Developing and maintaining your knowledge of the current investment market, economic issues and LGIM’s views, enabling you to discuss solutions with clients and consultants
- Previous Client Management experience with an understanding and exposure to large complex insurance clients, this could be gained from an asset management, consultancy or pension scheme background
- A demonstrable track record of dealing with external clients and building significant relationships with external contacts up to and including senior levels
- Strong overall Investment knowledge ideally with detailed Institutional Investment product knowledge in areas such as LDI, Cashflow matching, Credit, Real Assets or Index funds
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Resilient, highly organised, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Strong academic background, with the IMC qualification or equivalent preferable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.