Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Compliance Manager
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
28 May 2021
We are hiring a Senior Compliance Manager to provide first class, commercially focused Compliance Advisory support to the business, principally within real assets, in respect of one or more asset classes such as private credit, infrastructure debt, property & liquid Investments, publicly traded bonds and REIT.
- Personally providing first class, commercially focused Compliance Advisory support to the business in respect of one or more asset classes or business areas
- Proactively advising, challenging, reviewing, training and supporting the business to enable it to understand its regulatory responsibilities and to comply with regulation, delivering first class conduct risk mitigation and maximum business benefits.
- Looking ahead to and analysing emerging and developing regulation in order to be able to support business stakeholders in understanding direct and indirect impacts of this and to plan and implement required changes in a timely manner in order to stay compliant.
- Developing close working relationships with business stakeholders within asset class or business area for which responsible, making extensive use of communication skills and personal expertise to achieve required outcomes and to effectively perform all identified value add activities, both operationally and commercially.
- Maintaining an open and effective dialogue with all stakeholders, proactively suggesting ways in which the business can further understand, take responsibility for and mitigate its conduct risk profile.
- Working with the Head of Asset Class Oversight and with the MI & Reporting Manager to ensure that timely, relevant and accurate conduct risk metrics/MI is available for allocated asset class.
- Ensuring that Compliance policies and procedures are drafted, reviewed and updated in a timely manner and proactively participate in the production of regular Compliance & Conduct Advisory internal communication materials in order to support business awareness and understanding.
- Significant exposure to direct investment management across asset classes. Comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end investment process.
- Detailed understanding of global Regulation and of Compliance and Conduct Risk within an investment management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and both report writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to fully participate where senior stakeholders are present and to deliver technical information concerning conduct risk topics in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, ability to use influence and persuasion to resolve differences through to a satisfactory resolution.
- First class relationship and stakeholder management skills – ability to generate a positive outcome with stakeholders, to effectively manage different stakeholder groups, drive consensus where appropriate, bring people together and diplomatically influence key stakeholder groups using skill and tact. Must relate well to various audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to articulate and convey complex concepts and ideas to a senior audience in a clear and compelling manner.
- Ability to remain independent and to demonstrate that independence whilst also providing commercial, practical and value-add solutions for the business, influencing outcomes positively for all stakeholders.
- Delivery focused, possessing high levels of resilience and determination and be able to meet challenging deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.