Find your next role at Legal & General
Customer Service Officer
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
6 May 2021
We have an amazing opportunity for a Customer Service Officer to join our Home Finance team in Solihull!
In this role, you'll be the primary route for customers to interact with Home Finance. You'll be interacting with customers over the phone to build rapport quickly, ensure understanding, identify vulnerable indicators and treat customers with empathy, professionalism and understanding.
- Providing a world class level of service that ensures our customers' expectations are met.
- Maintaining relationships with internal and external customers, which include policyholders, scheme members and legislative bodies.
- Collating and analysing all relevant information and to make informed decisions.
- Utilising appropriate customer feedback and data to improve working practices and highlighting opportunities for improvement to the customer experience.
- Taking ownership of your own development, ensuring the development of skills and knowledge, whilst undertaking training opportunities.
- Experience of working with direct customer interaction: either face to face or by phone.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Financial services experience (preferred) due to the fast-paced nature of this role.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF) we want to be the market leading retirement lender, recognised as providing excellent support for both advisers and their clients. As well as delivering great service, we want to provide an array of highly-flexible products that enable our customers to achieve their retirement goals and overcome the challenges of later life. In just a few short years, we don’t think it’s unfair to say that we have moved a long way towards achieving this ambition.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.