Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Data Delivery Architect - 12 Month FTC
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Up to £75,000
15 May 2021
Do you have a passion for driving forward innovative data strategy and agenda? We have an incredible opportunity within Legal & General Retirements for a Senior Data Delivery Architect to join a greenfield platform implementation programme. You will work closely with the Senior Data Delivery Manager on this data journey to document and embed the over-arching Data Strategy and Data Operating Model across Data Delivery Architecture.
- Lead the implementation of the Analytics Development Lifecycle (ADLC) application across all Data Solution development, ensuring strict adherence to all Data Solution Design principles and reviewing all existing Data Solutions development
- Defining, delivering and continually improving strategic Data Platforms, Data Solution implementation and capability including core processes, technology and standards such as cloud-based technologies and Data Science
- Leading the documentation, development and implementation of the Data Delivery Architecture including Roadmap and all associated artefacts
- Identifying and designing the implementation of internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability in line with the Enterprise Data strategy
- Rationalising high-value Data Solutions and Application solutions are appropriately designed and controlled
- Leading the analysis and presentation to the Senior Data Delivery Manager, outlining Solution Designs pertaining to any Data related development and to act as delegated authority to review and ratify Delegated Design Decisions
- Ensuring that the principles of Conduct Risk are always embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes
- In order to excel in this role, you will have lots of architectural exposure to programmes of transformation within the data space – designing effective data solutions and data frameworks
- An advanced working knowledge of Data Architectures, Data Frameworks and Data Management Frameworks including Master and Metadata Management
- You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to engage various stakeholders to develop, get buy-in and deliver approaches
- Fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail are key for this role. You’ll have a demonstrated ability to work independently focusing on priorities across a range of tasks
- It’s important that you have experience devising architectures, frameworks, Operating Models, High-level design and Low-level design for Data Solutions and Data Platforms
- You’ll be able to demonstrate excellent technical & architecture skills in the context of global platform/product design, service management and product lifecycle management
- You love learning new and emerging technologies and developing a vision of their suitability and role as a new product within a platform & product landscape
- Cloud experience would be a huge plus!
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Anastasia Liasi at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/anastasia-liasi-051044102/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.