Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
9 May 2021
We're looking for a Transitions Analyst to join our Transitions team in Investments which is an area of strategic priority at LGIM. The Transitions team are responsible for managing transitions involving pooled and segregated discretionary multi-asset funds, responsible for Trading Strategies, Pre Trade Estimates, Implementation of Transitions and Post Transition analysis
You'll be responsible for conducting a number of key functions in the costing, managing and implementing of transitions as well as contributing and providing support to other team members as required.
- Managing simple transitions involving all asset classes with oversight and support
- Contributing to the formulation of proposed trading and implementation strategies around transitions
- Providing both technical expertise and market knowledge when required either pre / during or post a transition. When required also supporting Client Directors when planning a transition (explaining strategy etc.) and following the implementation
- Liaising with other departments and teams as required to deliver a consistent high quality solution to all clients
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the Investment Strategy Management (ISM) Co-ordination Manager and supporting them in their role as required
- Ensuring that procedures are adhered to by fully engaging with risk, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Educating Client Directors on the issues and costs of transitioning mandates involving fixed income and equity assets
- Helping with the design and development of strategic and tactical IT solutions
- A proven ability to provide accurate insightful analysis and research, with a willingness to develop investment market knowledge and experience
- Experience of analysing complex investment problems, gained from within an asset manager or fund manager. Individuals from sell-side will also be considered.
- Knowledge of risk management approaches and measures
- Knowledge of derivatives, including pricing and application to portfolios
- Knowledge of EDGE, POINT, Phython, or UBS Deltam with experience of coding (e.g. VBA, Matlab)
- Strong academics, with a CFA or IMC qualification required
- Adaptability to a range of tasks – e.g. quantitative analysis, client projects, product development and management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.