Find your next role at Legal & General
Investment Analyst - Build to Rent
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
9 May 2021
We are recruiting for a self-motivated and innovative Investment Analyst to work across the BTR acquisition and development strategy within LGIM (Legal & General Investment Management).
You'll act as the key individual in updating fund financial models for new acquisitions and developments, interfacing with the fund and transactions teams to support investment decisions and be involved in all aspects of the investment underwriting process.
- Be responsible for financial modelling and analytics of new acquisitions and major capital projects ensuring high quality analysis and reporting
- Support the Senior Transactions Managers in researching and analysing investment opportunities
- Provide analytical support to the Development Management team, monitoring progress against target and identifying risks and opportunities
- Establish and review development appraisals
- Assist in the preparation of the Asset Business Plans, both at initial acquisition and through the hold period.
- Drawing on the output of the models, collaborate with fund teams to explore portfolio-level risk and return profiles, as well as modelling the impact of acquisitions / disposals and alterations to fund strategy
- Develop a detailed understanding of credit rating analysis of BTR cashflows
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Investment Committee reports
- Degree educated. May have completed, or be completing, relevant property or finance related professional qualification.
- You'll have relevent real estate experience, ideally in transactions and developments and have significant research, analytical and excel experience
- A good understanding of the capital structures and impact of debt on investment returns
- You'll have strong communication skills and will be able to communicate technical material to colleagues at different levels of seniority and with differing professional backgrounds
- We're looking for an independent thinker, able to act on your own initiative to originate, develop and deliver
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Investment Management is a top 20 global fund manager. Its Legal & General Real Assets division is one of the largest real estate fund managers in the UK, with c.180 professionals managing £35 billion of assets. We invest across the risk/return spectrum, from low-risk liability matching investments up to higher risk / higher return added-value strategies. This has included pioneering deals in the social housing, student accommodation and healthcare sectors, whilst Legal & General Real Assets is also actively progressive investments into the residential sector.
LGIM Real Assets (LGIMRA) is currently deploying significant equity within the residential Build to Rent sector. It has already established a portfolio with an end value in excess of £2bn totalling over 6,000 apartments. LGIMRA is planning to accelerate growth, cementing the position as market leader, whilst also expanding the current residential strategy beyond the current high density urban rental market. With a long term develop and hold strategy we are focused on maximising net operating income and believe this can be delivered through the provision of high quality purpose build homes in aspirational locations that offer exception service quality to our residents.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Stacie Burnett at Stacie.Burnett@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacie-burnett-11abb236). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.