Find your next role at Legal & General
30 May 2021
Would you like to join a proactive, forward thinking multidisciplinary rehabilitation team within Insurance Medicine?
We are seeking to appoint a Rehabilitation Specialist to our team at Legal & General; the team provides and supports the proactive claims management service for Group and Individual Protection customers by establishing and overseeing the delivery of early intervention, medical assessments, third party referrals, rehabilitation and return to work plans.
- Provide comprehensive clinical specialist advice, reports and support to the claims team to assist in the assessment and management of claims.
- Develop and build effective relationships with members by conducting assessments by telephone or face to face, establishing their clinical return to work capability, developing and monitoring rehabilitation plans.
- Develop and continually review procedures to ensure market leading delivery of rehabilitation programmes to proactively manage Income Protection claims and providing guidance on reasonable adjustments as stated under the Equality Act.
- Develop and build effective relationships with IFA’s and Policyholders (employers), both pre and post-sale, in order to promote the understanding of our claims management proposition, philosophy and procedures.
- Develop, build and maintain effective relationships with our external suppliers to ensure that we receive cost effective services.
- Train, mentor and develop other members of the benefits and rehabilitation team to improve their skill level.
- Develop and deliver processes to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customer’s expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations, Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal and General’s policies
You must be a Registered Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Registered Midwife with case management, occupational health or vocational rehabilitation experience and must be registered with the appropriate governing body (NMC/HCPC).
- Knowledge of the Insurance market or Income Protection products is preferred although training will be provided.
- Good level of IT and report writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously, conduct objective assessments and make decisions confidently.
- The jobholder requires legislative and regulatory knowledge including;
- The Equality Act
- Welfare Reform Act
- Health & Safety at Work
- Employment Law
- Financial Ombudsman Service
A car driver is essential, you will be expected to travel to our head office in Hove for team meetings and to undertake face to face assessments throughout the UK and Ireland on three to four occasions a month, some flexibility is expected and this may increase dependent upon our customer needs. The majority of our assessments are telephone based and you will require a separate home office and fast broadband connection.
- A two week induction programme.
- Ongoing mentor and buddy support.
- Support with PREP and professional development.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact James Butt at James.Butt@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/buttjames/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.