Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Ideally Hove but can be based from Home predominately
28 May 2021
We are looking for a ServiceNow Engineer to join Legal and General’s ServiceNow dedicated team. This is a rapidly growing team where you will be well supported and work collaboratively on various ServiceNow projects.
As the successful ServiceNow Developer, you will work predominantly across ITSM (focusing on CMDB and discovery), ITOM and creating integrations between systems with some additional work with SAM, IRM and ITBM on occasion. Focusing on understanding and delivering against requirements provided by other Developers, System Administrators and Product Owners they will be responsible for coding solutions within the tool.
- Creating high quality solutions, challenging unnecessary customisation and focusing on an approach that delivers flexibility to support changing business needs without the need to redevelop ServiceNow each time.
- Expanding discovery solutions and working to improve quality of CMDB and processes within the tool
- Seeking out activities to automate solutions and identifying ways to improve efficiency
- Focusing on creation of Automated Test Framework tests for all deliverables, working with the process owners to minimalize manual tests and increase the volume of testing.
- Expanding the Event Management capabilities of the tea, working to integrate new data sources and enable enrichment on those events
- Commercial experience as a ServiceNow engineer/developer, responsible for coding solutions
- Able to create integrations between systems and able to expand discovery solutions/improve the quality of the CMDB
- Ideally you will have experience with Service Now ITOM (Discovery, Events, integration)
- Ability to communicate well with other team member
- Not essential but any certifications such as ServiceNow System Administrator or Application Developer would be desireable.
- ITIL Foundation or strong understanding of ITIL best practices.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.