Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
London (flexible working)
Competitive basic salary, plus car allowance and bonus
25 April 2021
Legal & General Affordable Homes (LGAH) has ambitious plans to grow into a leading player to help address the chronic housing shortage in the UK and drive innovation through the sector, whilst delivering fair returns for shareholders.
To help deliver on this ambition, we're recruiting a Treasury Manager to take primary responsibility for all areas of operational treasury management, including day to day banking, cashflow management and forecasting.
- You'll ensure a robust control environment is in place in all areas of operational treasury, including day to day banking, cashflow management and forecasting.
- Undertake feasibility analysis for a Treasury Management System and scope requirements, lead the design and manage implementation of the subsequent project.
- Manage the covenant compliance requirements of LGAH’s finance agreements and report and analyse actual and projected compliance, working with the Head of Securitisation & Asset Control and other colleagues as required
- Support the Head of Corporate Finance, FD and LGC colleagues to raise new funding as required.
- Ensure all information needed for debt raising or compliance reporting is available and can be obtained within required timeframes, working with LGAH colleagues throughout the business as required
- Manage the liquidity aspects of the LGAH entities’ short term funding requirements, ensuring that all LGAH entities are sufficiently supported, funds efficiently deployed, cash positions analysed, forecasted and investment / draw down decisions made as appropriate.
- Support business plan and other financial forecasting analysis with Treasury input.
- Manage day to day banking arrangements, including taking the lead on LGAH’s banking relationship. Analyse and recommend enhancements to banking products/services as required.
- Provide high quality data and insight to internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership and Boards. Take the lead to develop, maintain and improve reporting and analytical capability working with key colleagues as necessary, including (but not limited to) the IT Team.
- You'll be a qualified treasurer with a strong track record in all aspects of Treasury Operations
- An ability to work in a start-up environment and establish processes and controls
- Experience of working within a finance department and using finance and property management systems and databases
- An understanding of real estate related financial products, accounting policies and procedures and corporate finance
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to deliver change
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Stacie Burnett at Stacie.Burnett@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacie-burnett-11abb236). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.