Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Business Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
9 May 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join Legal & General Retirement, working with our actuarial and pricing teams on upcoming strategic business criticals projects. You will work closely with specialist business leaders to carry out strategic analysis, gather requirements and recommend innovative change initiatives which will drive forward operational growth and success. For this role, there is a flexible base location – provided you are able to travel to the relevant sites as needed.
- Identifying transformation opportunities through stakeholder relationships, shaping ideas, creating and promoting solutions and gaining senior management buy-in
- Working with colleagues to define strategies, draw up requirements specifications, conduct feasibility studies and produce detailed business models
- Critically reviewing and evaluating proposals and solutions to initiate change activity
- Delivering effective communication to stakeholders to support effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integral delivery of programmes
- Understanding the principles of Business Transformation and translating these principles into business/people change activities and project outcomes
- Defining, developing & delivering processes & systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that meet customer expectations
- In order to succeed in this role, it is really important that you have a solid pricing, actuarial or accountancy background
- You will have great business analysis experience within the Financial Services industry and a proven delivery track record of change / transformation
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills are key. You will be confident challenging and influencing stakeholders where appropriate and thrive on extracting and translating complex technical information from colleagues
- Data and system analysis, as well as system integration experience, would be greatly beneficial
- You will have some leadership and mentoring experience and know how to get the best out of a team
- A background in pensions, annuities, asset & liability management and understanding of the products, regulations and the UK Pensions market would be beneficial
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Anastasia Liaisi at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/anastasia-liasi-051044102/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.