Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Actuarial Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
13 May 2021
We are seeking a part or nearly qualified actuary to an active and productive member of the PRT Pricing & Execution Team as a Senior Actuarial Analyst by supporting senior members of the team in providing quotations for pension scheme de-risking activity for a 12 month FTC.
- To supervise Actuarial Analysts in providing bulk annuity and longevity quotes to pension schemes in a timely, efficient and proactive manner ensuring that the highest level of support is provided to the Managers and Directors at all times.
- Ensuring all quotes are produced with the highest level of accuracy and within Legal & General’s pricing model. Being considered an expert in the use of capital and pricing models.
- Supervising and reviewing quotations produced by Actuarial Analysts whilst seeking support from Managers or Directors for more complex or larger transactions.
- Working within the PRT Pricing & Execution Team to deliver against ambitious value and volume based new business delivery targets.
- Being an active and productive member of the wider PRT New Business Team, looking to constantly develop knowledge with a view to future career progression.
- Working in line with all relevant processes and procedures ensuring that quality and governance remains of paramount importance throughout the quotes process.
- Supporting the Manager or Director in producing governance documentation and the first draft of the response to “requests for quotations” and benefit specifications.
- Working creatively throughout the quotation process to provide innovative solutions to both clients and the market that meet customers’ needs.
- Supporting Managers in ensuring that new business transactions are effectively handed over to the Technical Services Team upon completion.
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Part Qualified Actuary required
- Previous actuarial modelling experience through working in a consultancy environment, for a life insurer or for another de-risking provider is required
- Some knowledge of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes or pricing and capital modelling is required
- Previous experience of being part of a project/deal based team, including delegation to more junior team members is desirable
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Helen Kinloch at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenkinloch/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.