Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Pricing and Valuation Analyst
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
28 May 2021
Our market-leading Risk and Analytics team is seeking to hire a Senior Pricing and Valuation Analyst for a 7 month fixed term contract.
Our Pricing & Valuation team is responsible for the production of valuations for securitised assets; asset stressing; proxy modelling assets/liabilities for capital calculations, deriving investment portfolio metrics and producing the Standard Formula capital requirement.
This role is to support and undertake the Pricing & Valuation team’s capabilities. The occupant will liaise with a variety of stakeholders across LGR and Group as well as service providers such as LGIM IT, Fund Accounting, Valuations and some external providers.
- Act as a subject matter expert for lifetime mortgage products and support the development of new products and refinement of the existing models so that the new development adheres to the specifications provided by the LTM product team.
- Provide and review monthly lifetime mortgage and securitised asset valuations, asset MI and ALM reports for LGR in agreed timescales to support the accurate provision of fund accounting and valuation.
- Support/deliver inputs and outputs for risk metric calculations for capital calculation and efficient management to ensure appropriate reporting.
- Document process flows, including data sources, to exhibit the team’s capabilities through an end-to-end process description.
- Work in a team environment to serve as or support the technical subject matter expert for change projects so that team resources are utilised in the most efficient manner and a breadth of experience is gained.
- Evaluate and implement data quality controls, and develop and document procedures for reliable and repeatable data collection and usage so that appropriate governance is in place and risk is mitigated.
- Supporting adherence to governance standards to maintain and support data integrity and ensure that initiatives are adhered to including storage of artefacts, traceability, version control and change control.
- Test new releases of asset models to make sure changes made and any new technical or non-technical developments are fit for purpose.
Experience in a life-insurance environment with with-profits or annuities background or related industry.
Experience and understanding of economic capital calculation in a Solvency II context.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Finance, Math, Economics or related discipline would be an advantage or equivalent expertise and knowledge acquired through relevant work experience.
Strong data sourcing, asset pricing and valuation knowledge with an understanding of how market and asset data will affect valuations.
- General knowledge a wide range of asset classes covering Credit Fixed Income, Rates and Interest Rate Fixed Income, ABS, Equities and Property
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Karima Zureiqi at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karima-zureiqi/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.