Find your next role at Legal & General
Assistant Portfolio Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
25 April 2021
We're looking for an Assistant Portfolio Manager to join our Solutions team in Investments to cover a period of maternity leave for circa 6-9 months.
You'll be managing bespoke & pooled Solutions mandates, in a risk controlled way, to deliver outstanding client performance, grow assets under management and to further embed LGIM’s position in the marketplace.
- Responsibility for designing bespoke & pooled Solutions mandates, with the main focus on LDI and liability hedging mandates, which meet client objectives
- Working with the Global Trading Team to determine the most appropriate implementation strategy based on market conditions and an understanding of the client’s objectives
- On-going management of Solutions mandates including optimising portfolios to reflect changing requirements and/or take advantage of market conditions
- Managing liquidity and collateral requirements
- Working collaboratively with other areas of LGIM ensuring client objectives are delivered robustly and appropriate strategies are implemented within their portfolios. This may include improvements to portfolio management processes / systems and the development of new or enhancement of existing services and products
- Ensuring that any actions taken with respect to managing client portfolios are in accordance with LGIM’s Treating Customers Fairly policy
- Portfolio management knowledge and experience, including LDI portfolio management, gained from within an investment consultancy, asset manager or life insurer
- Demonstrable track record of the successful design, implementation and on-going management of risk management strategies for clients
- Experience working with investment consultants and pension scheme Trustees
- Knowledge of risk management instruments, including Gilts, credit, interest rate & inflation swaps, inflation swaps, gilt repos, gilt total return swaps, swaptions, Equity options, equity futures & TRS and FX forwards
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legislative landscape as it relates to pension schemes and to de-risking
- High degree of proficiency with IT & programming skills
- Actuarial/CFA or equivalent investments technical background desirable
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas in a logical manner and an ability to engage and motivate others
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.