Find your next role at Legal & General
HR Business Partner
London or Cardiff
21 May 2021
We're looking for a Human Resources Business Partner, who will provide guidance to our LGRR (Legal & General Retail Retirement) business division, to be based in Cardiff or London with some visit to our other sites.
You'll be working both autonomously as well as partnering with the LGRR business to develop, influence, lead and deliver the HR priorities for the business. You'll ensure that HR services are delivered to your client groups whilst maintaining an independent, organisational-wide corporate perspective.
- Provide guidance and cost-effective HR solutions to the business
- Support the annual cycle of people activity, including pay review; performance calibration and employee Voice Survey to drive business and people performance.
- Work in partnership with the Senior HRBP and LGRR HR team to Identify, analyse and interpret people related MI for the purpose of influencing business unit plans and effectively implementing the right business solutions.
- With the support of the Reward team, support the Senior HRBP in developing and implementing appropriate reward strategies for the relevant business areas, including managing the out of cycle promotions/increases process and sign off, to ensure we remain competitive in the market place.
- Ensure Employee Relations climate is understood within the business area and work closely with Unite, local reps and managers to champion and demonstrate working in partnership and its benefits.
- Work pro-actively and collaboratively with the other HR teams on team projects. This may include engaging with business partners/joint ventures so that synergies are sought, and to ensure a “joined up” approach to ensure effective oversight of HR risk and practices.
- Ensure all job descriptions have a “treating customers fairly” accountability
- Design and implement appropriate performance management and reward mechanisms, ensuring that treating customers fairly is an equal factor in all pay and bonus decisions
- CIPD qualification preferred or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Background in a technology company / customer-centric business is desirable.
- Experience of leading organisational change with a focus on talent management, organisation design and culture change is necessary.
- Business transformation experience is essential.
- Essential experience in and understanding of employment law, generic HR policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Reward and People Development methodologies and current best practice.
- Exposure to the people aspects of mergers and acquisition, including TUPE
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.