Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
23 April 2021
We are currently hiring a Finance Clerk to assist with the day to day transactional operations of the Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF) Finance team, including but not limited to the process of funding, completions, purchase ledger, payments and redemptions.
- Consolidating the daily funding requirements and processing all relating transactions on the accounting system
- Processing the cash payments to both solicitors & customers, in relation to the completion of loans and coordinating the relative transactions on the mortgage platform and accounting system
- Coordinating the redemption of loans, ensuring that all cash receipts are accurately applied to the customer accounts, appropriate communications are sent to customers and funds are appropriately distributed to the funding parties
- Assisting with the purchase ledger processes ensuring invoices are processed and paid on the system in a timely manner, as well as answering general queries from suppliers and brokers
- Performing cash management processes, including payment runs and bank reconciliations.
- Creating the Mortgage Sale Notice documentation and managing queries on the sale of loans to funding parties
- Assisting with month end reporting, performing control account reconciliations and assisting with various types of reporting.
- Ensuring that advice and services provided are always consistent with all relevant internal procedures, standards, and our target behaviours
- Understanding of general financial concepts
- Preferable experience within the financial services industry
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Home Finance (LGHF) we want to be the market leading retirement lender, recognised as providing excellent support for both advisers and their clients. As well as delivering great service, we want to provide an array of highly-flexible products that enable our customers to achieve their retirement goals and overcome the challenges of later life. In just a few short years, we don’t think it’s unfair to say that we have moved a long way towards achieving this ambition.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.