Find your next role at Legal & General
Information Governance Consultant (Fixed Term Contract)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
£20,000 - £32,000
13 May 2021
The Information Governance Consultant will support the Information Governance Manager in ensuring continued compliance for Workplace and Personal Investing. You'll ideally have a strong knowledge of GDPR guidelines.
- Produce timely and effective reporting on breaches and broader data privacy matters for the area
- Investigate errors and breaches raised within the Operation and oversee effective resolution and capture of root cause analysis
- Support staff across the Operation with appropriate training and support in relation to data protection
- Create, review, maintain and manage approvals of:
- DPIAs (Data Protection Impact Assessments)
- NAs (Needs Assessments)
- RA (Record of Processing Activities)
- LIAs (Legitimate Interest Assessments)
- Experience (of strong understanding) of GDPR guidelines (essential)
- Experience in Pensions or Financial Services (desirable)
- Close attention to detail with a proven ability to analyse data and identify potential risks and causing factors
- Strong organisational skills, high level of attention to detail, and adherence to deadlines
- Good management reporting skills, ability to produce high quality and insightful output.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Rachel Chima at Rachel.Chima@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-chima/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.