Find your next role at Legal & General
Actuarial Operations Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Hove, agile working
30 April 2021
We have an incrediblly exciting opportunity for you to join our Financial Reporting Centre as an Actuarial Operations Analyst at Legal & General.
The role is based in Hove with the option for agile working, and you will be part of a blended actuarial team providing financial reporting services to our Retirement division, covering both IFRS and SII metrics for our annuity products.
- Financial Reporting: To perform, with some guidance, tasks and processes to enable an effective and efficient financial reporting service. Provide regular and reliable updates to management to enable the team to disseminate financial information in an effective and informative manner, ensuring its presentation and analysis meet the wide background and experience of the customer base.
- Monitor and manage ad-hoc requests and developments: Ensure that ad-hoc requests and improvements are appropriately triaged, prioritised, and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Planning and Change: Contribute to planning of both BAU and Change activities. Support the test and implementation of new financial reporting tools and ways of working.
- Controls: Ensure that strong audit trails, documentation, testing governance, and best practice data management techniques are implemented consistently.
- Stakeholder management: Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders. Capable to confidently liaise with stakeholders at various levels including qualified actuaries and IT change professionals.
You will be:
- A delivery focussed self-starter with a positive collaborative attitude.
- Highly numerate and able to understand complex finance or actuarial applications.
- An advanced user of Excel with an appetite to introduce new IT solutions.
- Organised, able to manage your time efficiently, and escalate issues.
- Techniques and governance in order to support the delivery of robust business change.
- Familiarity with programming languages as used in an actuarial context, such as VBA, SQL or Prophet/DCS.
- Working in a financial reporting environment.
- Managing multiple deadlines, stakeholders or projects.
- This is not an actuarial student role, but might suit a previous student who has stopped exams.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Helen Kinloch at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenkinloch/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.