Find your next role at Legal & General
Business Development Executive - Request for Proposals
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
28 June 2021
Due to our European expansion growth plans we're looking for a Business Development Executive - RFP (Request for Proposal) to support with our new business development and client retention efforts in Europe.You'll pay a pivotal role in ensuring that we continue to grow our organisation which is a key strategic priority for us over the next couple of years!
- Responding to RFPs/RFIs (Requests for Information) by completing accurate, timely, high quality submissions in response to requests from prospective/existing clients and consultants
- Responding to general enquiries for information and data from internal and external clients
- Support the business in ensuring that records are current and relevant on our RFP database Qvidian
- Supporting the team in maintaining databases and standard documents on a periodic and ad hoc basis as well as creating new product profiles as appropriate
- Building good working relationships with the client account management team, consultant relations, data, product specialists, sales, marketing services and other key teams within the wider business
- Working with team members to support workflow, contributing to key projects and supporting with ad hoc tasks
- Previous experience working in a financial services/asset management organisation, writing and responding to business development requests is preferable. We will consider candidates with excellent writing skills and knowledge of the sector gained from different industries however
- A proven ability to build good working relationships with professionals and stakeholders across the business
- An ability to work to deadlines and prioritise your own workload, working in a fast paced, busy environment under pressure, managing a consistent workflow of multiple requests simultaneously
- Motivated and keen to develop a wide breadth of knowledge of LGIM’s investment capabilities
- A confident style with the ability to take the initiative
- Driven with a genuine passion for business development and a desire to develop in sales
- Excellent attention to detail (with both words and numbers), with the ability to interpret and manipulate large data sets
- Intermediate Word (formatting) and intermediate Excel (formula writing) skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 25 days’ holiday (with potential to rise to 26 days), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Katy Thomas at Katy.Thomas@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katythomas/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.