Find your next role at Legal & General
Pension Service Specialist - FTC until 31st December 2021
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
£17,300 - £20,650
27 April 2021
You’ll be the first point of contact and use your knowledge, insight and experience of pensions to provide an outstanding service to all colleagues, customers and clients. You’ll be helping to fulfil the vision of becoming the long term savings partner of choice for all of our customers and clients.
This opportunity is offered on a fixed term/secondment basis until the end of December 2021.
- Be the pension’s expert and actively deal with the more complex processes and escalations, act as a role model by providing advice and insight to your colleagues and leaders, to ensure we provide an outstanding service to our customers and clients helping us become the long term savings partner of choice for all of our customers and clients.
- Allocate work to your colleagues in a fair and consistent manner ensuring that Service Level of Agreements are achieved and any issues are escalated to through the appropriate channels
- When things go wrong use your experience and data to find out what went wrong and what we could do to stop it from happening again, identifying trends and sharing your findings, solutions and reasons with your colleagues and leaders. Own and resolve customer escalations (including Summary Resolution Complaints), where appropriate making use of T&U payment authority and customer call backs to ensure that the customer experience is maximised and the L&G brand is enhanced
- Be responsible your personal development and keep your pension knowledge and industry awareness current and relevant so you can share this with your colleagues and any changes that may impact us.
- Mentor, coach and develop your colleagues so that they continuously improve the service they provide our customers and clients.
- Follow all business processes, by using approved guidance material, analysing feedback on effectiveness and appropriateness updating when necessary. Take ownership of resolving exceptions and identify process improvements, recommending system changes and enhancements in order to reduce operational costs and improve the customer experience
- Fully understand and help the team and department adhere to pension and internal compliance regulations and in the identification and management of regulatory and financial risks, breaches and complaints. Ensure the department operates in a compliant manner regarding suspicious transactions and all incidents are logged and reported in a timely manner
- Where appropriate, deputise for your line manager by managing team work volumes, service levels ensuring they are achieved at all times.
- Actively investigate, lead and participate in business issues, projects, quality assurance, IT system testing and internal process reviews.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality work for our customers and clients
- Demonstrate the ability to organise own and teams work pattern to maintain consistent customer service
- Expert knowledge of our systems and procedures
- Be able to manage and control the service provided when things go wrong and identify solutions to recurring customer service issues, proposing innovative solutions to those who can act upon it
- Be able to assess the potential impact of service improvements on your team, department and business
- Be able to engage with colleagues outside of your own department to support and develop solutions to customer service and process issues
- Expert knowledge of the claims and benefits available
- Use technical expertise and understanding of customer and client profile to provide an excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of the industry and Pension environment
- Support complaint resolution and recovery by investigating issues quickly and effectively
- Full understanding of quality framework, measures and controls, demonstrate the ability to analyse trends in quality issues and recommend solutions to improve overall departments KPI’s
- Expert knowledge of the aims, basic features of our products and fund range
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Pension Tax regime
- Demonstrate role model behaviours, excellent teamwork and be able to build trust and respect with others, sharing best practice and ideas.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
With a team of over 600 people servicing over 3.5 million customers and over 17,000 corporate clients our DC Pensions business helps people plan and save for their retirement. Our vision is to be the long term savings partner of choice for our customers and clients; we achieve this by delivering an outstanding service and experience, putting our colleagues, customers and clients at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a trusting, enthusiastic and commercially ambitious business who really cares about helping our customers save for their future. We value each other and take absolute pride in performing at our very best.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Claire Pullen at email@example.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clairepullen1/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.