Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Internal Auditor
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
16 April 2021
We are seeking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor for a 12 month fixed term contract.
You'll be executing a programme of Internal Audit work under the direction of a Senior Audit Manager. We're looking for someone to ensure that the objectives of each audit are achieved and that audit work complies with our audit methodology and quality standards.
- Conduct internal audit work on a variety of audit assignments as determined by the annual Audit Plan.
- Produce high quality audit work that is delivered on time and complies with GIA methodology and quality standards.
- Execute audits efficiently and escalate issues of concern early to the SAM/HoA/Practices team such that any replanning can be achieved without significant disruption to the objectives/timeliness of the audit.
- Complete data analytics with diligence, assessing data quality and following agreed procedures around use and disposal of data.
- Produce clear workpapers and other written outputs; communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and business management.
- Maintain good working relationships with audit stakeholders.
- Professional auditing, accounting or actuarial qualification (CIIA, ACA, ACCA,) or equivalent business experience desirable.
- Experience in Internal Audit Standards, Financial Services Code and broader principles and practices.
- GIA internal audit methodology
- Risk management principles and practices including Conduct and Prudential Regulatory Risk.
- Use of data analysis tools including Excel and Tableau.
- Subject matter expertise to support areas of audit delivery desirable – for example life insurance finance/actuarial, pension and annuity products, life insurance business processes, or experience of credit and liquidity risk/audit.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Helen Kinloch at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/helenkinloch/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.