Find your next role at Legal & General
Risk Analytics Technical Change Actuary (9 Month Fixed Term Contract)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
25 April 2021
We're recruiting for a Risk Analytics Technical Change Actuary who will assist the Risk Analytics & Asset Modelling (RA&AM) Change Programme Manager in the delivery of the Risk Analytics Change Book of Work.
Using your awareness of both the business needs and the Risk Analytics processes, you'll be responsible for planning, designing, and managing the delivery and implementation of change initiatives.
- You'll provide support to the RA&AM Change Programme Manager by ongoing planning and delivery management of identified elements of the RA&AM Change Book of Work ensuring the deliverables meet the business quality and delivery timescales requested
- Providing guidance on technical issues to enable Risk Analytics to deliver solutions that meet the requirements and to manage any necessary corrective actions
- Provision of demonstrations, workshops, proof of concept / prototypes and conceptual product discussions to enable requirements development
- Provide leadership to RA&AM team members and customers on complex issues surrounding Life, Pensions Liability and Asset modelling and methodology under various financial reporting and regulatory metrics
- Manage the system and process changes impacting Risk Analytics through ensuring delivery of good business and technical analysis, technical knowledge and requirements specifications for the Risk Analytics software development process
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with Internal Model and other relevant Group and LGRI (Legal & General Retirement Institutional) project and risk management governance standards and policies in the delivery of the RA&AM Change portfolio
- Identify and manage risks, issues and dependencies to ensure that critical problems that would impact delivery to time, quality or budget are escalated, evaluated, owned and resolved at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure releases of RA&AM owned systems and processes are appropriately business acceptance tested by RA&AM and reviews are conducted at all relevant stages of the systems development lifecycle, identifying any exceptions to agreed acceptance criteria
- Develop and maintain relationships across LGRI, and the wider Group including LGIM to ensure their requirements are delivered within time, budget and to an appropriate level of quality, ensuring the deployment of necessary business and technical knowledge to support the delivery
- You'll be a qualified actuary with post qualification experience from either a life company or consultancy or be a Quantitative Financial Engineer with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or related discipline
- Proven ability to address and use initiative to deliver solutions to technical and business problems and strong collaboration skills and experience of working with Business and IT architects, Quantitative/Solution Financial Engineers, other IT colleagues to deliver change
- You'll have experience of implementation of asset reporting processes, models and tools, and derivation of new pricing / risk management algorithms
- A strong understanding of Financial reporting processes and metrics : Economic Capital, Solvency II, IFRS, ALM
- A good knowledge of Life and Pension products, Bulk and individual annuity products
- Asset/solvency II modelling software such as AlgoOne would be desirable
- Knowledge on programming in languages such as Python, VBA, R, C+
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Stacie Burnett at Stacie.Burnett@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacie-burnett-11abb236). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.