Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Data Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Hove or London (with travel to the other office)
£50-55k depending on experience
23 April 2021
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work on a large programme of transformation which will see the business adopting wide-spread data practices. You will have exposure to all levels of the business with opportunities to participate in the writing of the data strategy across our Retirement division.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
- Define and establish a framework for the documenting and communication of business data requirements with the relevant stakeholders
- Take ownership of documenting business, functional and technical requirements related to data, ETL requirements, lineage and quality
- Lead full spectrum data analysis against the requirements and create/maintain a range of documents related to data flows, source to target mapping, conversion logic, business definitions etc. and gain appropriate approvals
- Own data related test cases and scripts that correspond to business requirements as an input to test planning
- Ensure key data aspects of the project are appropriately understood by various stakeholders
- Work/Liaise with senior leadership, wider business and IT team as required to ensure understanding of requirements and initiatives
- Create conceptual, logical data models using formal modelling notification
- Constantly assess industry well and best practice against internal methodology and introduce enhancements.
- Significant experience of data analysis in support of Data Warehouse, BI, Data Analytics and complex Data Migration solutions including analysing source systems, reconciliation and DQ issues
- Support creation and maintenance of Data Dictionary – data catalogue, functional specifciations including conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Data modelling experience across complex projects, modelling applications, interface, process datasets
- Demonstrable experience with SQL to query application databases, reporting databases, data warehouse
- Experience of data governance.
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Exceptional personal and communication skills
- Writing/executing ETL, Profiling and Data Quality tools.
- Experience in facilitating and hosting workshops and focus groups with SMEs and senior stakeholders.
- Pensions / Financial Services experience a bonus
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Tom Booty at Tom.Booty@landg.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-booty-38b337b4/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.