Find your next role at Legal & General
31 May 2021
Are you an enthusiastic and driven IT Manager with experience enforcing governance, IT discipline and IT security compliance across and organisation? In is a brand new opportunity you will work alongside an established IT function providing oversight and management of the IT infrastructures and services, encompassing both front and back office systems including Cloud\Hosting solutions
Supporting the Head of IT Operations in providing oversight of all IT Information Security, IT Risk and IT Compliance activities (and issues) for the businesses, helping to Deliver and Develop a best in class IT infrastructure.
- Maintaining and implementing continuous improvements to the technology stack and landscape IT technologies and processes to support the business
- Leading the delivery of effective divisional IT services; ensuring exacting standards of quality, commercial outcomes, governance, process/systems, communications, and customer experience are met.
- Working with the Security, Audit, Risk and Compliance teams on identification of IT Security\Compliance risks, ensuring that they are identified and remediated appropriately. Support Local and Group IT Audits, and ensure all items assigned are actioned and remediated by the closure date expressed.
- Assisting the Head of IT Operations and IT Security Manager with developing the general IT and security Strategy based on the Group’s Security Strategy and underpin the IT Strategy.
- Substantial experience managing IT services delivery, gained in an insurance and/or banking environment. Understands regulated environments. Demonstrable experience building out innovative IT & systems strategies and their links to business strategies.
- Excellent understanding of IT architectures, infrastructures and business processes, and the ability to interpret these into innovative system solutions to meet business needs.
- Great Interpersonal and people skills with the ability to deal with internal/external customers and IT suppliers/partners at all levels
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.