Find your next role at Legal & General
European Content Manager (Hove or London based)
London/ Hove (flexible)
16 May 2021
The European Content Manager will plan and create content across a variety of media, aimed at supporting our business in Europe. This will require:
- A deep understanding of the needs of wholesale and institutional clients in the region
- A high level of creativity and intellectual curiosity
- A strong grasp of global financial markets and investment themes
- The ability to manage a wide range of internal stakeholders
This role can be based in either our London or Hove office.
- Generate ideas for powerful content that can influence each stage of the client journey for key markets in Europe, in line with LGIM’s strategic objectives
- Develop fresh ways to market content across different media, including blogs, long-form writing, presentations, video, podcasts and social channels
- Build productive relationships with LGIM’s investment professionals, colleagues in Distribution and other stakeholders across the business
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of LGIM’s products and solutions, with a focus on ETF, active fixed income and responsible investment strategies, while monitoring macroeconomic developments and industry trends
- Develop and monitor reach, engagement and success metrics, feeding the results into marketing strategy and the formulation of campaigns
- Contribute to a kind, collaborative and inclusive workplace culture
- Produce accurate and compliant fund commentary for regular reports, against tight deadlines; coordinate and proof-read content from external writers
- Provide support to the broader Marketing team, such as producing client comms, advertising creative, digital content management, events copy, award submissions and comment for the news media
- At least five years of writing experience at an asset manager, agency serving the investment industry or news outlet covering asset management.
- Experience in editing and proof-reading text, and in creating compelling marketing collateral and presentations.
- Experience of leveraging social media to promote content.
- Fluency in German, Italian, French or Spanish would be preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Deep knowledge of the European asset management landscape and understanding of the requirements of wholesale/institutional clients.
- A strong command of global financial markets and investment themes – in particular, fixed income, ETF and ESG strategies.
- A keen sense of business priorities, and an ability to quickly grasp and communicate the relevance and distinguishing characteristics of one investment approach over another.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.