Find your next role at Legal & General
Finance Business Partner (Cost Management & Analysis)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
London or Hove
£60,000 - £65,000
23 April 2021
As part of the Legal & General Retirement Income expenses team, this role will play a key part in promoting a cultural shift around cost management across the division, ensuring that the cost management ethos is embedded in all decision making alongside other financial and strategic priorities.
FTE/Payroll Cost Forecasting
- Take overall responsibility for maintaining the division’s FTE/Payroll cost forecast on an ongoing basis
- Prepare monthly MI and commentary to the divisional leadership team, highlighting progress against targets and any emerging issues and potential future challenges.
- Take full ownership of all FTE/payroll cost aspects of the division’s annual budget, quarterly forecast and five year plan
- Provide input into the medium- and long-term financial strategy of the division.
- Assist with the development of various strategic and tactical cost initiatives designed to flatten the longer term trajectory of cost growth.
Business Partnering & Relationship Management
- Work independently and take the initiative to develop relationships and work with managers and directors to help them understand financial perspectives.
- Work with colleagues in HR and Business Transformation & Technology to support the delivery of a new resource approvals process.
- Ensure that the appropriate Finance MI, processes and systems are in place to ensure the team meet their financial control objectives.
- Qualified Accountant (essential).
- Prior experience of financial planning & forecasting, preferably with a particular focus on expenses & FTEs within the Life Insurance or a related industry (essential).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and a good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products (essential)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry and the performance metrics used within the industry (beneficial)
- Knowledge of Anaplan and Power BI (beneficial)
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to engage across various internal functions to develop, get buy-in and deliver outcomes across teams
- Confident presenting data in a meaningful and effective way – understanding the needs of the end users and tailoring the presentation to their requirements
- Highly organised, able to support with developing new processes and streamlining existing processes to create efficiencies.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact James Butt at James.Butt@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/buttjames/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.