Find your next role at Legal & General
DevOps Developer / Engineer
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Flexible with travel to Hove
31 May 2021
Are you an enthusiastic and collaborative developer with a passion for DevOps in the public cloud? Do you have experience in AWS, containerisation and serverless, as well as experience in supporting cloud adoption for others?
- Working within a cross functional DevOps team to build and maintain AWS cloud environments
- Creating and maintaining the automated workflows and pipelines that take the team’s work from ideation to production
- Testing the team’s solutions automatically and manually
- Acting as a guide for other DevOps and Cloud teams throughout the organisation
To succeed in this role you will ideally have a development or operations background with an appreciation of DevOps principles and good knowledge of AWS Cloud.
We encourage you to apply if you have a good mixture of the following skills and experience:
- Good all-round development or operations experience
- Strong technical skills in building and maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Good understanding and usage of AWS foundational services
- Knowledge of AWS automation with associated infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Knowledge of automated workflows for Continuous Integration is essential
- Experience of writing medium-sized, maintainable software features is essential
- Experience of analysing, debugging and solving difficult problems is essential
- Experience of working effectively in a team is essential
- Experience of taking ownership of your learning is preferable
- Experience of choosing the correct technical approach to problems is preferable
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.