Find your next role at Legal & General
Customer Service Consultant
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Up to £25,000 (Depending on Experience)
23 April 2021
Our In Payment Service team is looking for Customer Services Consultants to join their team in Cardiff.
In this role you’ll be customer service support in one of our core business areas of New Business, Customer Service or Bereavements.
Are passionate about delivering quality, people focused customer service? Are you committed to ensuring that all customer needs are front and centre every time? If so, you should apply for this role and help make a difference.
- Delivering an outstanding customer experience to our customers at every opportunity and ensuring the outcome is correct for the customer and aligned to LGRRI Customer Services quality standards, regulatory requirements and L&G’s treating customers fairly policies. Also providing competent support in back office systems and processes in one of the core business areas of New Business, Customer Service or Bereavements.
- Using in-depth knowledge of LGRRI products, services, processes and systems to deliver appropriate customer outcomes.
- Obtaining relevant customer information through appropriate communication channels e.g. telephone, email, messaging, correspondence, on-line and IT systems. Providing proactive and reactive contact, using appropriate techniques to fully understand the customer’s wants and needs - verifying understanding with the customer.
- Ensuring all appropriate legislative, regulatory and internal process & procedure are fully understood and applied. Identifying, reporting and resolving any breaches in line with L&G policy. Following procedures to ensure the correct General Data Protection Regulation checks are undertaken to verify our customers’ identity and protect their personal data.
- Working with Customer Advocates and Customer Service Leaders; identify processes or procedures that inhibit the delivery of successful outcomes and lead to delays in processing times.
- Accurately record information on LGRRI IT and workflow systems. Ensure that all learning and development is completed and recorded on the appropriate systems.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of complaints procedures, recognising when a customer is complaining and then managing the complaint in line with Financial Conduct Authority and L&Gs complaint process and procedures.
- When required, providing SME support for projects (system, process, regulatory) and delivering business implementation activities such as changes to process and call frameworks within LGRRI Customer Services, managing their impact on the customer and the end-to-end process.
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage queries whilst giving due consideration to team performance and activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- A high degree of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience of contributing to cross-functional business teams is desirable.
- Experience of building effective relationships in complex environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.