Find your next role at Legal & General
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
21 May 2021
As a Transition Manager, you'll be working in the Client Services team of one of the leading Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) businesses in the UK. Despite the recent Covid challenges, our business has been growing from strength to strength and we are looking for more people to join our team.
The Transition Management team is responsible for the onboarding of all new PRT transactions and supporting the wider business with the ongoing administration of our existing portfolio of schemes.
You will be involved in some of the largest transactions in this market and working with Scheme Trustees, Administrators, Employee Benefit Consultants and colleagues across the business to lead the on-boarding of all new PRT business and manage an allocated portfolio of existing schemes. You will also be supporting business development colleagues with various new business opportunities and playing an important part in helping us win these deals.
In this senior role you will:
- Lead all aspects of the transition process, establishing and leading work streams if required, and ensuring all milestones within the project plan are achieved in a way that takes into account the fair treatment of all customers.
- Project manage all transitions in line with agreed plan, co-ordinating the resources required to execute the transition effectively and resolving any risks/issues which arise.
- Review and approval of benefit specifications and scheme specific external communications from Transition Consultants
- Work closely with the Pensions Risk Transfer (PRT) Business Development function to assist in maximising new and existing business opportunities at tender, including beauty parades, performing administration risk assessments, approving of benefit specifications and leading site visits, together with production of opportunity specific project documentation and marketing material.
- Support Transition Consultants in liaising with trustees, brokers and administrators, agreeing with them a timescale and process for verifying data to ensure that benefits are costed accurately and reflect the legal liabilities being taken on by L&G.
- Support the Transition Team Manager in the design, implementation and maintenance of a plan for outstanding scheme transitions, including prioritisation against customer/business need and cost, and deliver against plan.
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to help develop team members
- Excellent DB pension knowledge with previous experience in the Pension Risk Transfer market
- In-depth understanding of DB scheme benefits structures and how they are administered.
- Knowledge of pension regulations for DB schemes, including a detailed understanding of the requirements for schemes in the course of wind-up, and the interaction with PPF and FAS.
- Strategic thinker - A focus on long-term outcomes and seeking solutions that work in the long term demonstrating judgement and analysis and commercial awareness
- Agile Mind-set - Adjusting to accommodate an approach taken by others, open to different views, experiences and ways of approaching problems. A willingness and flexibility to try new approaches and go outside their comfort zone.
- Empathy - Someone who is understanding and perceptive of the feelings and motivations of others with the ability to challenge others constructively and work together to achieve results.
- Learning Agility - Proactively stretches and develops themselves to enable their success. Good problem solving, analytical and financial skills; ability to understand high volumes of customer data as well as pension benefit calculations.
- Customer focus - Highly customer focused with both internal and external customers, including policyholders, scheme members, legislative bodies, third parties and colleagues
- You will be a Prince 2 Practitioner or hold an equivalent qualification with strong project management skills and ability to prioritise and work towards challenging timescales.
- PMI qualification is highly desirable (relevant modules)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider. In the last 30 years we have written more UK business than any other insurer and currently look after over half a million pension policyholders. We are a market-leading and multi-award winning business.
We work with companies and pension scheme trustees to help them honour their Defined Benefit pension promises to their employees. We do this through bulk annuity insurance transactions or pension ‘buy-ins’ or ‘buyouts’, which enable pension trustees to secure their scheme members’ benefits with us. By doing this we:
- help companies to settle their pension liabilities and focus on growing their businesses
- help to support individuals' financial security in retirement
- invest for the long term to back our pension promises.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.