Find your next role at Legal & General
Technology Service Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
30 April 2021
In this role the successful candidate will have a well-rounded background in IT support roles with a keen eye for problem solving and identifying the root cause of problems beyond just the initial fix. Following ITIL process as an operational interface between IT service providers and business teams you will be responsible for implementing change requests, updating policies and procedures and supporting technology service management in delivering high quality ITIL aligned services, systems, processes and documentation.
- Providing best in class ITIL aligned technical support services.
- Supporting the definition of policy and procedure for operational production technology services and working to ensure their effective execution.
- Supporting the deployment of new technologies including participation in planning, training and early-life support activities and the production of knowledge articles such as FAQs and crib-sheets to enable rapid adoption and self-help to improve user experience.
- Monitoring change requests, policy updates, process steps and software deployments to production environments. Creating content for and executing on associated communication requirements and complying with and supporting others in related governance.
- Supporting the generation of effective service level performance reports and other management information to safeguard service quality and continual service improvement in relation to user experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of working in a customer facing, process driven IT Support Services role
- Strong understanding of enterprise technologies including Windows OS, Active Directory, Networking, AV, Print and Office 365
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to detect route cause and trends beyond the initial fix
- Significant IT service management experience including incident management, request fulfilment and service level management
- Sound planning & organisation skills
- A track record of building effective relationships
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage a broad range of individuals across various internal and external businesses and support functions
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation Qualified – Preferable
- Infrastructure management, Prince2, project management and/or Agile qualifications desirable but not essential
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.