Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Hove (with some agile/flexible working)
16 June 2021
We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineering in Test professional to drive our expansive move to automation testing, including exciting investments in some of the latest automation testing tools. In this role you will be leading testing in product and project development teams to ensure delivery of high quality software, driving quality improvements and be an integral part of the team success.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be joining a very supportive environment, enhance your experiences with automation and manual testing projects and progress your career.
- Leading and delivery software testing for various development teams, meeting the time/budget, matching business cases, test strategies and commercial agreements
- Working with SDET manager, Business analysts and Business users to determine the adequate test coverage and developing test principles
- Performing test execution, taking user stories, help set assessment criteria, run test scripts, find defects, re-test and manage the tests.
- Complying with test methodologies and standards
- Understanding and shaping acceptance criteria and static testing, being a key part of the business analyst/develop/test triad and the project development team.
- Challenging and offering improvement ideas to test principles and processes as well as ensuring to ensure business objectives and audit requirements are met
- An expertise with software testing and development lifecycle (SDLC) and how it fits in with the software development process
- Strong test leadership skills so you’re able to perform test scheduling and implementing the execution of the schedules
- Both manual and test automation experiences ideally with commercial experiences using some of the tools such as Jira, Java, Cucumber, IntelliJ, Selenium, Jenkins, Maven etc
- Experience with test methodologies across multiple projects (waterfall, Agile, Extreme etc)
- Good Defect management experience and ability
- At least 2 of the following competencies
- Web testing
- Exploratory testing
- Manual testing
- Test automation
- Agile development and testing
- Test management and strategy
- API testing
- Non-functional testing such as performance, accessibility or security
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.