Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Investment Risk Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
9 May 2021
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Investment Risk professional to join our growing team in Dublin. Under the oversight of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Senior Investment Risk Manager will be responsible for ensuring appropriate leadership and direction of the Investment Risk function of LGIM Europe. The role will also fulfil the Fund Risk Management Designated Persons’ Function.
- Act as the Designated Person for Fund Risk Management (subject to CBI approval).
- Lead the investment risk team of LGIM Europe, ensuring that LGIM Europe investment funds, mandates and other offerings are managed within an effective risk framework, consistent with their objectives including the provision of independent Investment risk oversight (measurement, management and reporting).
- Ensure the requirements of LGIM Europe are met by leading the ongoing improvement of analysis and reporting systems and tools used across the business.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external risk stakeholders, such as LGIM Europe CEO, Chief Risk Officer, Global Head of Investment Risk, LGIM Europe executive team, and Divisional Risk & Compliance.
- Provide independent, informed, timely and objective challenges to the LGIM Europe Leadership team in relation to the management of key investment risks and ensure their business activities are within the risk appetite set down by the Board.
- Collate and interpret risk MI to identify and report on trends and issues to bring to the attention of first line risk managers and risk committees. Assist in the production of monthly risk summaries for senior management and quarterly risk reports for its board of directors and funds.
- Review all market, liquidity, credit and counterparty risk metrics, and to monitor and analyse these against regulatory and prospectus limits as well as against the relevant policy or relevant risk framework.
- In conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer, LGIM Europe, keep abreast of external and internal regulatory bodies (i.e.: Central Bank of Ireland, Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF)), divisional and Group-wide risk standards and business changes; assess any potential impact for LGIM Europe; ensure that changes to the regulatory standards are implemented by the first line.
- A post-graduate degree in Mathematics, Engineering or similar quantitative field (min 2.1) and / or a professional qualification (i.e. Risk, Actuarial).
- Strong analytical skills and industry awareness
- Ability to develop strategies to work proactively with business to lead and drive change
- Ability to work in a global business and build strong working relationships across different locations
- Strong understanding of Irish UCITS and AIFMD rules, particularly around portfolio risk.
- Experience and a good understanding of different risk methodologies, such as VaR and multi-factor stress testing.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience ideally within an asset management business and previous experience in a regulated role is required.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you, ensuring that your work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.