Find your next role at Legal & General
Automation Test Analyst
competitive salary benefits and bonus
31 May 2021
Are you a Automation Tester looking for a new role ? We are currently looking for a tester to work within our collaborative test team to carry out Business Testing processes, which are consistent with L&G Test Policy and Strategy, ensuring that efficient testing is delivered to the agreed quality standards..
- Delivering Business Testing for projects/portfolios to agreed time/budget/quality tolerances as laid down in business case, test strategies and commercial agreement with IT service providers.
- Conducting test reviews (including Static testing) throughout the development lifecycle, to identify any artefacts that are not fit for purpose.
- Providing input into defining the appropriate test approach in collaboration with the Test Manager to ensure effective Business Test preparation and execution is produced, which mitigates business risk
- Owning the creation of the Business Test Analysis deliverables throughout the whole project lifecycle
- Determining the adequate level of Business Test Coverage in collaboration with the Test Manager, Business Analysts and Business Users providing input into the testing estimates
- Performing Test Execution, involving leading business resources where required, as agreed in the BAT Stage Test Plan and raise defects on ALM or JIRA and retesting defect fixes when deployed to the test environments.
- Supporting the Test Manager in defining the entry criteria to BAT and make recommendations at exit from BAT.
- Managing the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
In order to succeed in this role you will have excellent knowledge and experience in Automated Testing and ideally experience in at least 2 test methodologies (for example Waterfall, Agile, SAFe, Extreme) across multiple projects.
In additional you will be able to demonstrate experience in using a test tool to control scripting and execution of tests, The use of defect management tools and ideally have experience from a Pensions or Financial Services background.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
In L&G Retail Retirement (LGRR) our mission is to help as many customers as possible achieve financial security in retirement. Retirement is a sector that has seen huge changes in recent years due to Pension Freedoms and huge opportunities for growth with the rise of property wealth held by people aged 55 and above. Core, award-winning products include our pensions annuity, which offers customers a secure income that’s guaranteed for life, and our Lifetime Mortgage, which enables customers to supplement their income by releasing some of the equity locked up in their homes as tax-free cash.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Catherine Kilpatrick at Catherine.Kilpatrick@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kilpatrickcatherine/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.