Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Change Accountant (IFRS 17) (FTC)
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Competitive salary and benefits
14 May 2021
We are hiring an experienced Senior Change Accountant to lead aspects of the delivery of Finance Change relating to the new reporting standards known as IFRS 17, with a particular focus on the implications for the Group Finance Shared Service Centre (‘SSC’) function, but with an understanding of the impact to the broader L&G landscape.
- Leading the development of components of the SSC business accounting finance processes and controls linking to business systems and data, in line with IFRS 17 requirements
- Overseeing the development and delivery of the associated reconciliation solutions across the breadth of the IFRS 17 Accounting workstream remit
- Providing guidance and direction around the definition of requirements, specifications, feasibility studies, testing and implementation of IFRS 17 solutions
- Assessing projects across the L&G Group to identify impacts on SSC financial accounting, and aligned processes
- Ensuring Change activity is identified and delivered to ensure that those processes remain fully aligned and understood within the business and that performance can be monitored against targets and delivery against on-going performance measures.
- Providing direction and guidance based on previous experience in delivering complex regulatory changes to the SSC OSD Head of IFRS 17 Delivery and IFRS 17 Accounting workstream lead in identifying, prioritising and delivering key initiatives and projects which address financial issues, and use knowledge and experience to recommend solutions
- Managing the relationship with SSC and the other areas outside of SSC where necessary to ensure the requirements of SSC are fully delivered within time, budget and to an appropriate high quality, ensuring the deployment of necessary business and technical knowledge to support the delivery
- Qualified Accountant with 8+ years experience within Financial Services (Insurance)
- Understanding of the processes and systems architecture used by the Finance teams and how this fits with business processes and systems architecture.
- Previous project exposure
- Proficient in the design and delivery of Accounting (Insurance) processes and controls including associated reconciliation solutions.
- Experience in the development of accounting processes and controls, including associated reconciliations
- Understanding of the IFRS 17 standard and the implications for the L&G business model
- A confident communicator with the ability to relay insight on complex business matters to senior management.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a cash car allowance scheme. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Khalifa Mustapha at Khalifa.Mustapha@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/khalifa-mustapha-81579a68/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.