Find your next role at Legal & General
Business Analyst, Performance & Attribution Specialist - 12 month FTC
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
One Coleman Street, London
Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
23 May 2021
The Performance team is responsible for measuring performance, attribution and ex post risk across all LGIM managed funds. We are seeking a Performance & Attribution Specialist / Business Analyst to help define and document the Target Operating Model and end-to-end process flows as we transition across to a new platform. You'll also be responsible for supporting the documentation, implementation and enhancement of applications built and supported by the team.
- Definition of target operating model documents and process flows.
- Agreement of business requirements to support the delivery of any enhancements to the current and target operating model.
- Production of data requirements and technical specifications for bespoke attribution models.
- Identification of innovative and scalable solutions to expand the team’s coverage and meet the needs of our clients.
- Presentation of new process designs to stakeholders and business users.
- Creation and maintenance of the combined Performance & Attribution change portfolio and roadmap.
- Contribution to project business cases, project briefs and presentations as required.
- Contribution to third party vendor service documents.
- Experience of requirements gathering and operating model definition.
- Experience of Investment Performance & Attribution (inc. Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset).
- Experience of implementing 3rd party Performance & Attribution applications (such as B-One and Factset).
- Evidence of a structured approach to analysis and documentation, using recognised tools and techniques.
- Experience of Python, SQL and visualization tools. Experience of Excel VBA
- Investment qualification (CFA, CIPM, FRM, IMC or equivalent).
- Understanding of derivatives and their use in asset management.
- Knowledge of LDI and the pension industry.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
About the business area
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates – especially women – can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box or because they don’t think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re very happy to have a discussion. So why not apply?
How to find out more
If you’d like more information about this opportunity please contact Joss Smith at Joss.Smith@lgim.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joss-smith-7405b394/). Please note direct applications via email cannot be accepted for this role; only applications submitted through our careers website will be considered.